A Bill of Lading maybe issued as a House Bill of Lading or a Master Bill of Lading.
1. A House Bill of Lading (HBL) is issued by an NVOCC operator, or a Freight Forwarder to their customers.
2. A Master Bill of Lading (MBL) is issued by the Shipping Line (Carrier) to the NVOCC Operator, or Freight Forwarder.
In the HBL
• the Shipper will usually be the actual shipper/exporter of the cargo (or as dictated by the L/C)
• the Consignee will usually be the actual receiver/importer of the cargo (or as dictated by the L/C)
• the Notify could be the same as Consignee (or any other party as dictated by the L/C)
In the MBL
• the Shipper will usually be the NVOCC operator, or their agent or the Freight Forwarder..
• the Consignee will usually be the destination agent or counterpart or office of the NVOCC operator, or the Freight Forwarder
• the Notify could be the same as Consignee or any other party..
24-01-2018 - 09:44 PM
There are cases which shippers don’t have enough cargo to fill a full container and they have only small cargoes. These small cargoes are known as LCL (Less than Container Loading)Xem thêm